Friday, April 26, 2013

Bucks Leads to Blog

I was sitting in the drive-thru at Starbucks waiting for my iced coffee (cream and sweetner please) on my way to pick up my daughter from daycare, skimming through the local grocery adds to see who had the best deals this week, when my Starbuck's Coffee Master (yes this was his actual worn title) said "Hey, I can give you my grocery list, *insert smile* I have to go there after work." I laughed and smiled in reply, he handed me my iced coffee and said with a smile to "enjoy my friday night!"

I of course replied the same and after pulling forward a bit....it hit me: was he just flirting with with me?! should I have said something? I need to get better at that, darn it! Finally followed by: I am trying to figure out if the Starbucks' guy was hitting on me or at least checking me out while on my way to pick up my daughter from daycare, then heading to her haircut, reading store ads in my SUV with my mom/girl stickers on the back with a venti Starbucks that just put me to Gold Member status. Holy Hades, it's official - I am a 31 year old single mom doing the suburbanite shuffle.

I then realized, after many other epiphanies to this fact, that this is what I must start a blog about. I know there are more of you out there - still in denial that this is actually happening. It's not that I am upset this is my life - I just laugh when I have these moments because I still like to eat natural foods, be a minimalist, stay in shape just so I can live better, listen and sing crazy to my newly downloaded Kacey Musgraves album while driving with the windows down - and I do not feel the newly turned age of 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment