Monday, February 10, 2014

All My Single Ladies

I was lucky enough to come across a blog today via Twitter that highlighted the positivity of this “holiday” week that leaves many single people feeling….well singled out, pardon the pun. Actually, don't pardon it :) 

You can catch it here: http://mandisaofficial.com/home/single-appreciation-week-day-1/

Shortly after I ran across a couple of awesome posts about how much respect people who are single and stay single out of respect for themselves even when the world is screaming you could feel better and join us all by taking the easy way out, grabbing a quick guy, and/or even disrespecting your body to feel loved just for one day.  I even saw a pretty cool video by Tyrese (per the language I will let you find that one yourself, but the message was good and even talked about God) stated how many men you wouldn't think respect women do or are reformed respecters because they have a daughter who has shown them finally how to respect women.

I believe that men and women alike should respect themselves, regardless of their relationship status –so don’t get me wrong there. However, seeing these things today gave me great appreciation for all these great single people going out of their way to say or show or have people decide themselves how amazing they are, how much they are respected, and how much they are loved (especially by God if no one else, but start with God, move to yourself, and your list will start growing)…well it made my love for my God, myself, and others who may need that encouragement explode!

So I will be doing the same – celebrating #SingleAppreciationWeek via any social media I can as well as in person. Besides myself, I am also doing this for my daughter, because she is and will be amazing regardless of relationship status or what “titles” the men in her life who truly love her hold.

Some of my fav things on being single include:
My bed – seriously, sleeping in the middle of my bed and cuddling with covers – all of them.
Carb loading whenever I have had an exhausting day and my body needs it….and totally leaving the dishes to soak overnight :P
Super cozy but really really old and tattered sweats as jams (it’s late people and I am tired)
My own DVDs/TV shows/movies after the kiddo goes to bed, is it fun to share a laugh – yes – but sometimes it’s nice to unwind by yourself
Talking out load to God whenever I want and yes I do this when the kiddo is awake – it teaches her the reality of what I believe and who is always there for her even when I can’t be
When I decide to have a good beer or glass of wine, really enjoying the taste and not letting the drink part get to me (something I would not have had I stayed married)
Here are some other things another blogger found:


What are your favorite things about being an awesome single self? If not single, what are your favorite memories of those days?

No comments:

Post a Comment