Thursday, October 3, 2013

What A Difference A Bed Makes

Wait for it.......




We moved! We have a home! Ok, well an apartment home but still - a home! However, for my pre-pre-school atypical kiddo, it is quite the adjustment.

The day I took over the apartment, believe me we were in with the bare essentials - it is still pretty bare essentials, lol. So I brought a few of her things, her mattress and bedding (did I mention she just transitioned to toddler bed and rather well surprisingly), my sleeping bag and clothes. The first night at the new home I put her to bed what seemed like a hundred times, getting very little sleep myself, the second night went a little better, but still late to bed. So I decided that even with everything being insane schedule wise - she needed that bed, which meant some taking apart, crossing fingers it fit in the "truck" and the putting it back together.....the last part occurring late in the evening while the kiddo was running around.

With perseverance, finally getting the 2 posts on the right way the fourth time of four assembly possibilities - done! And she went to bed like nothing else, I didn't even have to stay in there - the kiddo has been following me around like a shadow here to make sure she knows I am here. Oh and the dollar store night light bulbs helped too!
 Below is the process of a single mom getting 'er done:


 
 
 
The next one is of one of my favorite parts of a new place:

 

Simplicity - I am looking forward to getting a home cooked meal by me in soon for the kiddo and myself though - fast food is rough on a budget and our systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment