Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Inspired

I took a short day (only 8.5 hours!) at work today to take the kiddo to a local Halloween community bash for kids and meet some friends there. After a few meltdowns, not getting how other kids just come up to mine and do whatever they want, processed to the nine's pizza, and the kiddo's first candy experience - we wound up home, watched a little of a movie while getting ready for bed and down she went a little later than usual per daylight savings time prep. I proceeded to then just crawl into bed, look on Facebook a bit, just wanting to sleep after the rough to say the least couple of days. Then I scrolled down to this link and it made all the difference:

http://inspiredtoaction.com/2013/10/ita-18-beauty-from-ashes-an-incredible-interview-with-amanda-carroll/

I laid and listened for a bit, wondering "why oh why weren't people doing that in my life/situation!" Then after dragging my but out of bed a few minutes in to at least fold laundry while I listened - it happened. She kept talking and I actually listened and realized what a blessing today had been, that strangers and friends, and God of course, provided a lot of that for me today.

A co-worker listened for 10 minutes, truly listened, and responded "you need a medal" and meant it. When I responded that I don't spank per abuse issues and my kiddo having real issues (this morning was pig wrestling, take it to the mat, God let me get through this next minute getting out the door) - didn't side eye me. A patient let me talk and conversed about how the multi-sensory approach to learning with little ones has helped my high functioning kiddo SO much and that she is so bright it made my face light up to her and gave the patient a glow as well. Because I am very, very proud of my little dinosaur. And a friend, knowing how hard this week has been on the kiddo and me per family "conversations," made sure to encourage my daughter when the kiddo said "mommy brave" and asked about other strong women attributes.

Then I went a little beyond the laundry as I kept listening, turned on the light, started working on the closet, excited to blog about this, share it, and pile that candy in a bag for a dentist buy back rather than eat it peace by peace!

Thank you for showing me how strong I am and can be, especially when it is the only option!

1 comment: