Thursday, May 8, 2014

Be Honest With Your Friends....Always

I had a situation come up, kind of a standing situation of sorts, where I did not know if I should tell my best friend my true thoughts, bounce them off of someone else, or just keep it all to myself. The main issue was that the thing I really needed to talk to my best friend about involved my best friend. It was nothing bad about her, anything she did, or anything like that – in fact it was all me. That was the other part of my decision – I felt kind of selfish telling her my thoughts because it was all about me.

So I decided to tell her – mostly because I could not think of a better opinion on the situation. Even though it was through email, I am sure I came off as a rambling mess. I know all of this probably seems the same as I feel I cannot give the details on this blog as anonymous or not. The point is I told her, I waited hoping that I didn't make things weird or worse lose a friend, and then I finally heard back…….

Not only did I get the advice that I needed, wanted, and knew in the back of my mind; but I got something even better – I got a (or an – darn you sometime y) “you’re my best friend.” I knew she was the best local friend I had, but hearing that from her, affirming my thoughts on our friendship as well – made my whole day! It honestly did if you are reading this bestie :).


So always tell your friends the truth, unless it involves a haircut then they can automatically tell if you are lying, because it’s what you should do with your friends and that is why they are there. 

Andplusalso, this is my 80th post! I honestly can’t believe that, so thank you for reading, stopping by, or hanging with me this entire time that I feel I finally started a blog that counts as something for me and its readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment