Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Night Dinner

I believe that I have compared mine and my daughter’s relationship with my parents to that of the show the Gilmore Girls a few times if not more.  I have been lucky enough to be living my own life this week, they did me a great favor in baby-sitting so I could actually GO OUT rather than baby-sitting so I could go to work – so I thought since I had most of the ingredients I would head over, use the cul-de-sac to get the kiddo some safe outdoor time, and make a simple yet filling meal for the four of us.

I guess it had been awhile before I told them about anything that I hold in high respect in my life that was either changing or evolving and BAM – “take my opinion please!” say the parents. And then my head wants to hit the stove top then immediately run out the door – unfortunately not an option in the middle of cooking dinner.

I have made a lucky in time and better for all small career move or will be making here in the next couple weeks – a lot of positives, possibly a little more work or homework, but a ton more family (not necessarily monetary) stability for my family of two.  It’s not that I will go down in money, but even if I did slightly – to make a good move, stay with the same company for future resumes sake, and to give the kiddo more of a Monday-Friday life – it would be worth a small hit and I would find a way to make it work. Of course my dad had to give his two cents or rather ten dollars while I was trying to just tell him the deal,  that drives me nuts. “Well you know what this means right,” follow up with extreme 3 month down the road detail of said change. Yes, father, my head is on pretty straight now I was completely aware of that.

I think the thing that is making most upset about being given opinions by them or other people that really have no clue is – I don’t pretend to know it all but just because I “messed up” once – I think things out a lot now, as well as put my faith into those decisions and do not take them lightly because I “messed up” once.  We all make mistakes, but the best and most of us learn from them in one way or another and go on.  The result will not kill us even if we are “wrong” or "mess up." Truth is, we aren't wrong or mess up - life is life and we live and learn as best we can. 


The final hit was when something was eluded about a friend of mine regarding a personal situation, 1) that is my good friend so step off because you don’t know me or our relationship and 2) it is my personal business and none of yours! Sorry, but like I said – due to last night’s favor, everything in their world comes with a price. 

So I have made a big decision that I want for my family and have been thinking about for awhile now and outside opinions will be sought on the details. 



No comments:

Post a Comment