Saturday, December 28, 2013

Single Santa

This will be the last Holiday blog, not that I had many, because the tree is down and though there may a post about change on here soon – not a resolutions gal.

As I was driving home from work a couple of days before the actual Christmas Day (sidebar: I had to work Christmas, travel after work, and with my big fat Eastern European family it’s like a marathon of 72 hours of running) I heard a great version of Silent Night as the snow was falling at night. A smile came across my face as I imagined a glass of wine on Christmas eve while/after playing Santa by the tree with Silent Night playing on the digital fireplace. My next thought was that of a couple friends with kids and how there would be no one to share that moment with, smile at, or cuddle before saying “we better get to bed, they will be up in a couple hours.”  Then, though not really sad or anything, my mind started snowballing and I was wondering on the off chance that my atypical kiddo believed in Santa, even though she had already stated her disdain for the man (fine with baby Jesus though) does he get “mommy” something, wouldn't it look weird if “mommy” didn't get anything, and what the heck would I get myself and wrap up and pretend to be surprised in the morning!

Don’t worry I calmed down, found a couple things from Santa and ordered a lovely but simple Khol’s Vera Wang (thank you Khols, I feel special on the cheap) hat and glove set with no holes, lol ;)! As expected the kiddo had no interest in gifts, wanted to eat Jesus’ cupcake, and was more concerned about cleaning the mess of oats the reindeer left on the floor – forget St. Nick, for her it was like he was never here. She was thanking me through her stocking before I dropped her off before work.


And I just opened the last and most perfect gift with a make-shift pad Thai dinner and small glass of wine – an old textbook in order to upgrade an old certification to start my new career/bring bacon home life! I am actually really excited about it and tonight and today. We took down the tree by 9am, during nap time I got everything back in storage, we had a living room floor, AND I discovered that it was actually warm enough in the Midwest for a go at the park. I chose to end tonight like this, simple, back on blog/online after a few days absence, and my gift of new life to myself celebrating the true gift of new life we were all given on what most call Christmas Day and what my little family calls Baby Jesus’ Birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment