Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Key To My Heart Is Simple.......Sushi

During this Holiday season in particular, I have had a lot of discussions with friends, read articles, or have been reminded of status updates on needs vs. wants - and what are truly needs and what are purely wants. This is a difficult subject when I am asked what myself or the kiddo WANT for Christmas and my reply is nothing, but we are in need of x, y, z. So on the way home via the store for a simple dinner (instead of the want of a drive thru window), I took this in a different, fun direction for myself as to what I would want a future partner to do for me or with me without having to read this list.

Take me out to a real sushi restaurant, even if the thought of raw fish churns your stomach.
      - My once in awhile treat is wine and sushi from the store - yes, store sushi in the Midwest, not that bad so I can only imagine the real thing in a real sushi restaurant atmosphere.

Tell me to take a girls' night - like to that huge wine tasting in February at the Crown Plaza (wink, wink Elaine, we must attend).
      -  We all need a night for and too ourselves here and there even while in crazy love town, hang with the boys or on your own. I'll give you a guys' night too unprompted.

Along the same lines, plan a double date night with friends.
       - I dream of this, I really do - not anything formal just hanging out with some friends but in all of our best companies.

Bring me back an unexpected Starbucks treat for no reason - so much better than flowers!
      - To which I will undoubtedly say, "you so didn't have to do that" because I am awful at receiving as well as taking complements.

Pick out a movie WITH me.
     - Not the "oh you pick, no you pick" dance we all do; just spend an hour what used to be the movie store and is now is Netflix on the couch and lets figure out a must see for the both of us.

Fine, fine - send me flowers at work but not my current job - my future better one ;)
     - I am not a flower girl, you would know this, and you would do it just because and I would be surprised and embarrassed but so warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Ask to spend a day with me and the kiddo when you know I am ready.
     - You will know, I will say it's too soon even if it has been years, which is why it will be so important for you to know me well enough to let me know it will be OK. Nothing huge, just a fun day because you want to explore what I have created along with God's help of course.

I don't think any of this is over the top as I don't want a lot or for much and I think these things would be treats here and there just as I treat myself occasionally. But with someone, or rather by someone to someone who they know needs their wants occasionally.

Let me end by saying the above "things" would not make me fall in love and my needs for a partner (Christian man, a real Christian man who is not afraid to show it or to showy of it either is on the top of my list among many other internal attributes) far out weigh my wants and sometimes make it seem like he is not out there. Let me also say that I am and have been in a place where I don't need a relationship but want one - I think that is one of the only situation where our wants should out weigh our needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment