Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Ring - Part I

Getting back in the ring that is – I will get to the actual bling on Part II of this post, after all I gotta leave you hanging a bit now ;)

I used to be an avid athlete, student, and very type A cleanse/organized type person…..then college, life, and mother-hood happened. Soooo- the body I worked so hard to get healthy, not in shape actually healthy per a medical condition, was kind of shot after both the whole ripping a child out of me via cutting/tearing my abdominal muscles and the whole divorce/single/first time mom thing the first year of my kiddo’s life. Add in mental stress and let’s just chop 2011-2012 up to a learning experience shall we?!

I had to work really hard to get back into shape even to do my job (healthcare worker, large place) and I was even in physical therapy rehabbing a few different parts of myself as well as taking on some nutritional changes – all again while working full time and being a single parent full time. I was also in and out of court not to mention all the documents I had to draft in between court dates therefore let’s throw some mental rehabilitation both counseling and reading/faith mediation on top of the physical part. 


And now due to some work stress, wage loss, heavier workloads both at work and at home – the kiddo is not super light but is also awkwardly long to carry and retain any sense of core inertia – I am back to rehabbing my body once more. My faith and mentality I have been working on improving upon the past view months and feel confident that I can get through these current struggles (or be carried through) as well as embark upon better things for my family career wise; less stress on body and mind hopefully. As I do that, I am also trying to “rehab” my social life as well via sports – getting back into the ring or rather back on the court. So as I once worked my way from nothing before, I remind myself of this picture, where I took myself from pain to gain in 4 years by some very very hard work:


...and just as I went to sign up for said new league - registration which was open through Monday is now closed due to all spots filled. It's cool - all for a reason and still have my resolve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment