Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"Me" Time

Memorial Day weekend - for most a glorious 3 days of no work, lots of play, family and friends, really good food - and lots of leftovers if you are brave enough (or your parents were ;)) to hold it at your own home. For me this meant work, work, and one more day of work. Though it also means that today - a Wednesday - I am not working and it is a scheduled day for the kiddo to go to daycare per I am usually working. As I shared the above schedule for the day (child in daycare, no work) my folks said "oh it's like a vacation" and "you deserve a day off" forgive me as I cannot explain the tone but my head wanted to turn around exorcist style and spew something nasty, yet I did not. So I decided to try and make it a me day - details on the "trying" part of that below.

So after I dropped off the kiddo at daycare, grabbed milk for the out of milk household - in which I actually only use the cow's milk for cooking/baking...seriously it's like all the work of being married without actually being married or any of the good perks....and went back to bed. Back to bed was step one of my me day, there was no trying needed here. It was tough to get out of bed though, but I did, looking forward to a homemade mini brunch so I forced myself into the shower. Here is where the trying began, as in the shower floods of "needs to get done today" thoughts flew into my head - I shoved them out as best as possible, though laundry is still on the back burner of my mind.

I got dressed and made it upstairs, went to go make my wonderful egg white sandwich and boom - no eggs. So I searched for a substitute - turkey, provolone, and Roma tomatoes should do - I debated cleaning out the fridge "no I told myself" the hunger helped egg me on - no pun intended. So I ate, looked a little at Facebook, and enjoyed my meal. Then I came to blog, lol. This really is a me thing though - I could care less if you actually read it, OK I care but you know what I mean.

As I was enjoying my satisfied belly and blogging, my father came up to tell me he was going out, where he was going, asking my plans for the day, suggesting a pre-check for the possible afternoon swimming - and I wanted to bang my head against the table....repeatedly. OMG do not live with your folks as an adult especially if trying to raise a child - anywho he left, so that means the house is empty and I can enjoy my attempt at a "me" day. I may post later to let you know how it all turned out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment