Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Fro Yo Condradiction

So I do post, or mention in my posts, a lot of things that are very cliche about life in Suburbia and being a "traditional" suburbanite; but then I find myself driving along and thinking of or sometimes doing what I post about....this is frustrating and just plain weird sometimes because it does so not feel like me. You will have to read the end to get to the what I see as funny point.

Take my first post - it is what inspired this entire blog - driving through Starbucks, grocery ad in hand, on my way to pick up the kiddo from "school." Believe me, this was a very - whoa, holy cow, am I actually doing what I think I am doing moment. I am also beginning to think about getting a small house/condo - with this not only comes picking a school district - which in and of itself is scary as Bigfoot spotters' interviews but also things like property taxes, suburb city limits, closing costs, and that weird escrow word. Though this is very exciting to think about, it is completely overwhelming and making me just want to buy an Airstream and a home-schooling system.

But it is also the little things, the many trips to Target, knowing when trash day is (though I try and recycle/re-use as much as possible), waving to these people in the cars who I honestly do not know who the heck they are or where in the neighborhood they live and the latest, possibly the most common generalization made about the land of Suburbia is below:

I was driving my usual route yesterday and noticed a new store, a self serve frozen yogurt place, and my first thought was not "oh great, look at us now" eye roll but an eye popping "a new frozen yogurt place SO close to home, I wanna try it!" This was followed by a very big "crap what am I thinking" face palm thought ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment