Saturday, July 20, 2013

Coupon Hijacking and Other Suburbia Randoms

I shop at mainly one grocery store so I get coupons in the mail based on what I buy. The other day I noticed a new mailing on the counter, well yesterday and tonight it was in my dad's mail pile - yes they sort the mail, I find this weird only because I guess it's been just me or I have always paid the bills. Back to the point - they tried to hijack MY coupons!! They don't even shop at that store, come on now, this is money people. They just started clipping and it's kind of funny - I know I shouldn't laugh but sorry it's a little funny watching them try to budget for real on a "regular" income. At least I talked them into sneaking popcorn out of the theatre when they went to a night movie and got the large popcorn - the savers that they are ;) I know I'm a mean kid.

Other Randoms: A long while ago the kiddo and I tried a new park and it was great. It was also a Sunday afternoon, so many people to watch besides my kiddo. I noticed a grandma seemingly watching her grandson attempting to operate her flip cell phone and once she figured it out proceeded to have a five minute conversation on how to get past level 42 on Candy Crush - really?, lol my friends, lol.
Then there was this kid on the slide in front of us talking about ice cream and how her dad doesn't like it, then she said to me this maybe 4-5 year old "my dad doesn't even like Orange Leaf!" I had to look up what Orange Leaf was, lol. How specifically picky of that father! 

Lastly on randoms occurring in the park, I was forced to watch a really weird (I won't say bad because it wasn't mine) single parent park date - you know like when you bottle-neck it. The woman seems older and had maybe a 6 year old, the guy seemed like a young dad of a toddler and they were trying to play with the respective kids. The dad had a major eye on his kiddo and my guess was this was his parenting time being a Sunday in the park so he was really into his kid - the lady just kept talking about self-tanner, working out, do you like this and that, "oh I do too" but just to say it (which is a pet peeve of mine). So yeah, and me and my kiddo who was trying all the equipment were right in the middle of this pretty obvious first date - so weird. 

I will end with this - a pic from the park over-looking the giant high school/middle school, a reminder of Suburbia:


No comments:

Post a Comment