Thursday, July 18, 2013

Someone "Spoke" to me, I Had a Dream - Now What?

I was driving into work yesterday, though it seems longer than that, and I was listening to K-Love as I always do on the way in -  this is not a new thing on my "whole 30" deal.  As I was driving I heard "Are you a single mom?" It may be just me, but these things when specified to actual life questions not just the "are you looking to loose weight, want to get cash fast" type of things really catch me off guard! And this was the first time it has happened since I started being a K-Love fan a few months back - luckily I did not hit the breaks but opened my ears a bit. They were talking about Life of a Single Mom Ministries and I made a mental note to look that up later online to see what it was about. Oh and Elaine - if you are reading this remind me to look up "women in faith" in August here locally :)

A busy day at work followed, I looked this up finally on my iPhone internet when I had two minutes and it is a ministry dedicated to single moms and getting a group following this ministry set up in local churches because that is one of the toughest places to find good, comfortable, open to God and these women like me support. Then a bug really got in me..and my stomach. I know that going back to the church, especially the Catholic Church, as a single obviously pregnant woman alone was hard. I felt judged, knew that God was OK that I was there, was trying to get comfortable again with the whole Jesus/Trinity thing (lonnnggg life story there, just trust me), and it felt comforting yet weird. I did make the decision to go back to the church - more so back to God and Christian life - and then a year later made the decision to have my daughter baptized in the Catholic Church. It wasn't so much the church as I wanted her to be baptized period, I was a parishioner, and I wanted her to feel that if she ever felt lost like me in her life that she had a place to go. Whether it be in town or in Barcelona - she could go to a place to feel safe and be with God and not alone. So again this ministry kind of spoke to me.

THEN, last night I have this weird dream - based completely off a Facebook thread that was just a tough topic to get easily out of control - that I went to the house of a someone I knew awhile back in the literal torn clothes I had on my back (my super comfy laundry jeans with way too many wholes that I love) and because of the, lets say political set up of the geographical area, I was told I had to leave because I didn't have better clothes. Needless to say I knew what this meant when I woke up, pretty much right away. I think I need to do some research and set up this ministry somewhere at a local church because being a Christian (Catholic) single mom, not only do I need physical resources even if it be a website, but I have had many times when I knew God accepted me but felt judged or looked at when I came out with my single mom status. We need support, I luckily found my own way to and with God, but some are not so lucky - and what if that is what I can do. I cannot afford to financially support different groups but maybe this is my way to help serve.

It is hard though because I am debating finding another church for my family of two as this doesn't feel like a good fit right now, I am in the middle of a long silence with my opportunity that would give me and the kiddo a little boost, and I am still getting our life (papers, bills, budget, coupons) organized and waiting on our next step outta the rents. However, I think I am going to do the research on this ministry some more, what it would take to set up, where it might most benefit - while I get those other things together. I know God's work, heck even his plan is never easy and this would be a total here is my time/effort from my own time bank - but I think it would help a lot of people, open some doors, and just be a good thing all around. As Wonder Woman's husband says - get comfortable with being uncomfortable - BE BOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment