Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I'm An Overcomer


Tonight at midnight – when I hopefully am still awake to officially post this – I will have been legally free from a loveless, abusive marriage for two years. Two years! And that is just the legal stamp.

It does seem like an entire different life that I led even just those two years ago going through the process, not to mention the time before that seeming like one big blur of a long, long time and land ago. All in good ways, I am lucky for that mindset now. You see, not only did I survive, I took back power, I overcame fear, I became stronger after hitting my bottom, and with the wonderful gift of faith and perseverance I became who, what, and where I am today. Which my friends is awesome in the land of awesomeness :).

I am so thankful that I am stronger and only grow stronger mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually day by day by day. It is not always easy and there are plenty of days even moments where it is just that – getting through it one day at a time being a full time single, working, stay at home mom of a very young kiddo with some differences than your typical kid, head of house-hold, and let us not forget – a woman, a person. I think that is the most important lesson I have learned over the past two years – I am a person, my own person, regardless of the other labels/roles I have, I am still free to be my own person, my own woman.

I worked today and on my way home decided to have a little of a celebration even though staying up until midnight may yield just six and a half hours of sleep before another day begins. I showered, listened to my new upbeat playlist, and got into my fun cute jammies for one. Followed by laundry, paper sorting, however while still watching my shows on Hulu and digging into some yummy snacks. I put fresh sheets on the bed and moved my pillows a little closer to the middle yet again while realizing how great it is to have your own bed all to yourself (I am enjoying this now because once the crib/bed transition takes place I may be sharing again lol)!

So here is to another year under my new belt, a reason to celebrate among all the ins and outs of regular life, and being able to say – “oh that was over two years ago” when asked about my overcomer story.


L to the YN - established August 29, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment