Thursday, August 15, 2013

Update To The "Whole 30"

About a month ago I had posted that I was going to try a 30 day challenge of listening to only K-Love radio or Christian (contemporary) music, not indulge in wine or beer, and some other things to try and get back to the basics in life for emotional, spiritual, and physical health. Well I can say that I was pretty successful - I did have maybe 2-3 glasses of wine in that time period but that was about it. I also got more on Pinterest for life ideas and less on Facebook which lead to some really cool workouts I can do at home even while the kiddo is outside playing or quickly before a shower to keep up with it, along with some cool ideas for getting things together and my at some point in time and space future home. I also left a group completely on Facebook that was full of negativity even though it was there to offer "support," which I am glad I left.

The challenge was also really good timing because as it turned out it was a very challenging 30 days in my life as well and that is where the K-Love really came in! I honestly do not know how I would have powered through had it been different because when you are going through challenging times as both a single person and a single provider (especially when the major thing happens to be dealing with providing) it is easy to feel alone. However, I was reminded multiple times a day to stay strong in my faith no matter what and to keep, if not try harder, instilling the foundation of faith in my kiddo; because she will have trying times and I do not want her to feel alone. It was a really powerful faith building boost at a much needed time even if to just remind me to keep.on.going.

So where I am today: if I said my body wasn't tired from my work which as an industry is losing a lot right now and being a SAHM to an unique kiddo AND being head of household that would be a lie. If I said I was not disappointed in how events that could have changed our lives did not seem to pan out, that would not be true. But I know now HOW important it is to keep having faith even when the fan of life starts spinning, and more importantly how important it is to lead my little family of two with faith above all else and no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment