Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Neighbors Are Coming, The Neighbors Are Coming!

The above exclamation point is not necessarily meant to mean "oh yay" but more in the Paul Revere "warning, warning" type of way. And the warning time and signals were quite the same as well as you will read: I had gone back to sleep after seeing the kiddo off to her other chromosomal attributer for the day when I awoke to yelling or loud voices at least. I made my way upstairs to a woman who was realing from the news, "Paul" had already gone off on his horse in preparation for the event, leaving the woman with the bad news if you will to pass on the word that the neighbors are coming for a pitch-in tomorrow. So not only did this set a GREAT vibe for the day, but all of a sudden my plans for today AND tomorrow got messed up.

You see, I get 1-3 days a month where I have 8-10 hours of non-child, non-work time (if I am lucky) to get everything, the big things - like grocery shopping if I don't want to hire a sitter, any weekly/bi-weekly food prep, big bill pay, and hey just maybe a moment or two to myself. Now you ask - "OK, how did this mess up your plans?"  1) I live here so the angst, silent and not so silent is felt by the announcement 2) The announcement threw me because I don't want to mingle with the neighbors or share any of my space during this time - but hey let's face it, none of this space is really mine paid for or not 3) grocery unloading is not quite appropriate in the middle of a BBQ/party/pitch-in AND 4) it's in the middle of the day and because my new place with the kiddo (just us, please God, please let this work out in less than 60 days) hinges on a co-signer/the party planner.

So there you have it - I will be mingling with "the neighbors" at some point tomorrow, a beer WILL be in hand, grocery shopping done post an early church, cleaning up for the house "show-off" tomorrow being done tonight, as well as draft picks lined up....it's going be a long one tonight. Not to mention the big kid booster seat for the table will be gotten tomorrow (SO much growing up right now it is insane and frightening at times - and cute and really really hard not to help without being asked but I do) and the fantasy draft for team one is soon post bed time - coffee and/or a nap will be needed before working on the actual holiday of the holiday weekend.

Yes, yes an update will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment