Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Day of Suburban Domestic Bliss

On a Saturday after a shift day with no lunch (note to self: email the bosses to let them know of said no lunch Monday) the kiddo and I managed the following:

Woke at 6am - well probably before then thanks to my kiddo whom I am about to nickname "No-Doze"

Coffee, puzzles, eat, more coffee, get dressed, brush teeth, wash face re-pack the always needed back-back of the day, more coffee

Out the door, grab coffee at the *Bucks, mail Ebay shipment #3 (Christmas is approaching you know - good for seller and buyer and current "second income")

Arrive at 9:30 am play-date - you have that right..a play-date...a morning play-date...on a Saturday. It was fun but if you told me who knows how many or few years ago that I would be doing play-dates I would slap you.....twice. Luckily, because they are so young, it was a friend of mine and her kiddo - so we basically attempted to catch up drink respective water and coffee, go to the restroom, while chasing the toddlers around teaching sharing methods to them. It actually went rather well - I was worried their house and/or child may have been destroyed. But I think we have a friend here for the kiddo - which is beyond words in our circumstance!

Luckily, I had packed some lunch type food and a Cliff bar for the kiddo so she went to sleep on the way home, I got her in her bed, and had at least 45 minutes to attempt to get things done and be embarrassed by Alma-mater's football team via iPhone scores. Hoo-hoo-crap. More coffee.

Cue kiddo waking up - and this a little before 2pm - full day I know! A little Rachel Coleman, more puzzles, play-dough, a large snack, more coffee, tantrum and choices to get out the door to the store before church.

Drive to Meijer (note the times taking for in and out of the car debacles) walk a mile into the store - apparently it is a popular place on Saturday afternoons - grab a couple essentials, die over the price of BOTH gluten-free bread mixes and already made bread and got SHOES!!!! This was huge, seeing as I had to bring both orthotic sets in for the try on and we found a pair that fit - yes this was after I got things on the right feet :P

Church - made it in time for the second reading, gospel, AND got through communion thank you very much.

Finally we landed home, I poured the promised milk (and coffee for me) with cookies and watched "The Brightest Night" from 1952 (baby Jesus story) for the second time, bedtime stories and kiddo down.

Lastly, more coffee, cleaned up/organized my room/my space a little, got a load in the laundry, dishwasher full ready for after dinner run, drinking wine out of an actual wine glass per said friend Elaine (their wedding date will live in infamy in my house or until I get an actual set in like 2 years) from earlier play-date (found another kitchen box post move) and also per Elaine watching some Gilmore Girls as the laundry dries, get more product on the Bay, and make the kiddo's amazon list for the grandparents. So a great AND productive day overall and tomorrow - possibly make some more dough in more ways than one, start to close out the storage unit, and brave the storm.

I won't say that we did not have our moments of why are we talking like teachers and/or super calm moms while thinking out the most sarcastic thoughts (oops or did we say that out loud), please for the love of the good Lord get your diaper on, same saying but get in the car, please when will this day end and where is my coffee - but all in all, especially at the end, a good day. Make that a great one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment